MEC - Ms Pauline Williams
|Ms P. Williams was born in the town of Springbok in Namaqualand. She is married and has three kids.|
- Senior Certificate; Noorder Paarl High School 1978
- BA Degree: University of the Western Cape 1979 -1981
- Diploma in Higher Education; University of South Africa 1982
- B.Ed Degree: University of South Africa 1991
- Diploma in Financial Management: APAC 2000
- Department of Education:Educator at SA van Wyk Senior Secondary School 1983 -1996
- Namaqua Regional Coordinator of Adult
- Basic Education and Training 1996 - 2000
- Namaqua Regional Director of Education 2000 - 2004
- Member of Provincial*Management Team in Provincial Department of Education 2000 - 2004
Her role in Local Government
She served as a councilor to an Interim Council of the Springbok Municipality and the Namaqua District Municipality (1995-1997)
Her role in the Provincial Legislature
She has served as the Member of the Provincial Legislature from 2004 to date. During this time, she served on the following Portfolio Committees;
- Sport, Arts and Culture,
- Tourism and Environmental Affairs,
- Social Services,
- Safety and Liaison,
- Transport, Roads and Public Works and
- Local Government and Housing.
She also served on various Standing Committees in the Legislature including the Standing Committee on Public Accounts.
Her Political Involvement
Her political involvement includes serving as an additional member of the ANC Regional Executive Committee in Namaqualand in a secretarial capacity. She also served as ANC Provincial Executive Committee Ex Officio member.
She was the Regional Secretary of the ANC Women’s League in the Namaqua Region, as well as Additional member, Deputy Chairperson and eventually Chairperson of the ANC Women’s League in the Province.
Currently she is serving as National Executive Committee member of the ANC Women’s League and on the Provincial Executive Committee of the ANC.
In May 2009, she was appointed as the MEC for Sport, Arts and Culture.
Ms. P. Williams
| || |