With reference to the above-mentioned , you are cordially invited to the Francis Baard District Community Builder of the Year to be hosted as forth DATE : 14 June 2012, VENUE : Flamingo Casino, TIME : 9 H 30
The Community Builder of the Year Award is an annual award that honors heroes and heroines and recognizes their efforts at improving the quality of life of their communities in areas like education, health, sport & recreation, environment, crime prevention, etc.
· To encourage a spirit of volunteerism and nation building by recognizing and celebrating the contribution of diverse individuals, groups and institutions towards the upliftment of South African communities.
· Acknowledge community workers for their outstanding work and sacrifice – irrespective of race, colour or creed – all members of our rainbow nation.
· Identify and highlight those community workers who freely give of their time and efforts to uplift their communities and set an example for others to follow.
· Recognise corporations that make positive contributions to the upliftment of their communities.
· Encourage other community members to uplift themselves in the same manner as these role models.
Values and Outcomes
The award is aimed at instilling and achieving the following:
Urban renewal, and
Upliftment of rural communities.
Projects which qualify for the award should:
Be unique - Be innovative & creative
Lead to skills development and transfer
Help to solve basic community needs or problems
Not be linked to any political organization or party
Inspire and encourage others to follow the example in community building
Display community acceptance and participation
Must make significant impact in the community
Display project and financial sustainability
Should not be initiated by Government.
Awards criteria: Youth, Adult , Senior and People with Disability categories
The nominee must:
Been involved in the project leader for at least two years
·Be working voluntarily
·Display strong leadership skills
·Be visible and accessible to the community
Awards criteria: Group category
The group must be working voluntarily
Have been in existence for at least two years
Display strong teamwork
The winners of the District Competitions will then compete for the Provincial Community Builder of the Year.
I trust you will find the above-mentioned in order and grace us with your presence.