How to Complain

You can approach a Consumers Affairs Office to intervene in disputes over contracts, quality of products or services.

You should first complain to the branch manager or customer care office of the business concerned before asking the Consumer Affairs Office to intervene. These offices have trained staff to advise you on your rights as consumers. You may also want to contact them to find out if a company you intend doing business with has a previous history of complaints against it.

Contact details:

  • Northern Cape Department of Economic Development & Tourism– 053 839 4000 (switchboard) or 053 830 4870/4854

How the CPA is being enforced

The Act gives rise to the establishment of the National Consumer Commission, a body assigned to investigate consumer complaints, as well as the National Consumer Tribunal, which is responsible for the adjudication of violations and transgressions of the Act.


Contact Details
Adv. Prince Olivier
Unit : Consumer Protection Authority
Tel: 053 831 5562
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Related Service


Contact Details

Postal: Private Bag X6108, Kimberley, 8300
Physical: Metlife Towers, 13th Floor, Cnr Stead & Knight Streets, Kimberley, 8301
Tel: 053 839 4000
Fax: 053 831 3668

Republic of South Africa